1. Jason Lieblong spent most of his time targeting reed lines with ChatterBaits, a Kopper’s LIVETARGET frog and a Zoom Ol’ Monster worm.
2. A LIVETARGET frog produced several morning fish for second-place pro Spencer Grace. Later in the day, he caught fish on a shaky head – 5/0 hook, 3/8-ounce weight – with a blue fleck Missile Baits Tomahawk Worm.
3. A 3/8-ounce swim jig with a black/red fleck leech trailer did the trick for Jeff Keene, who placed third.
4. Finishing fourth, Barry Wilson caught his fish on a chartreuse/black back Strike King KVD 1.5 square-bill crankbait.
5. When he spotted bass busting shad, Kerry Milner threw a soft-bodied swimbait into the fracas. For slower presentations over shell beds, he used a Carolina-rigged Zoom Brush Hog.
6. Walmart FLW Tour pro Scott Suggs caught his fish on a 3/4-ounce football jig with a Berkley Havoc Change Up (green pumpkin and black/blue).
7. Early in the day, Austin Brown threw a white ChatterBait and later switched to a shaky head with a watermelon colored Zoom Trick Worm.
8. Josh Hilton worked shallow cover with a black frog and dragged a Zoom Ol’ Monster worm in red shad color.
9. For working over lily pads and other shallow cover, Wells Kaiser threw a SPRO frog (bluegill color). He also kept a junebug-colored Big Bite Baits Craw Tube handy for flipping needs.
10. The bait round-up for Michael Stetich included a 1/2-ounce Dirty Jigs swim jig, a Dave’s Custom Baits Balsa B-3 square-bill crankbait and a Zoom Magnum Trick Worm on a pivot head.