Jigs and Carolina rigs, with a smattering of lipless crankbaits thrown in the mix, were the dominant baits of the top 10 pros at the Costa FLW Series Southwestern Division event presented by YETI on Sam Rayburn.
1. Dry Prong, La. pro Kevin Lasyone threw two baits throughout the tournament en route to his victory. His go-to was a ¾-ounce V&M Pacemaker Series Football Jig in bama bug tipped with a V&M J-Bug in watermelon red. Lasyone also threw a black and blue 8.5-inch V&M Wild Thang worm.
2. TJ Goodwyn of Center, Texas used a Carolina rig with a six-inch green pumpkin Strike King Rage Tail Lizard with a dyed tail and a ¾-ounce weight.
3. Scotty Villines of Ponca, Ark. stuck with a ½-ounce Bill Lewis Rat-L-Trap in classic Rayburn red.
4. Kris Wilson of Montgomery, Texas relied on a combination of a Carolina rig and a jig at Rayburn, specifically a ¾-ounce 6th Sense Divine Hybrid Jig in green pumpkin blue crush, plus Carolina-rigged six-inch Big Bite Baits Pro Lizard in both green pumpkin and black blue swirl with a 1-ounce tungsten weight.
5. Darold Gleason of Many, La. used a 70-series 6th Sense Quake Thud in both golden gill and Rambo red colors, as well as a ½-ounce V&M Pacemaker Lightning Blade vibrating jig in bluegill color tipped with a watermelon candy red V&M J-Bug as well as a 3/8-ounce V&M Pacemaker Series Pulse Swim Jig in bluegill with a green pumpkin V&M J-Bug trailer.
7. Billy Billeaud of Lafayette, La. used a ½-ounce Z-Man ChatterBait in BHite delight color tipped with a 3.5-inch Yamamoto Swim Senko trailer, as well as a five-inch Yamamoto Senko in green pumpkin purple and copper flake.
8. Garrett Hilton of Beaumont, Texas used a 6.5-inch V&M Wild Thang Lizard in watermelon candy red on a Carolina rig with a ½-ounce tungsten weight. He also threw a 3/8-ounce 6th Sense Divine Swim Jig tipped with a Keitech Swing Impact FAT in sight flash color.
9. Jason Bonds of Lufkin, Texas threw a ¾-ounce V&M Pacemaker Series Football Jig in green pumpkin blue haze, as well as a Strike King KVD Magnum 4.0 square bill crankbait in sexy shad, and a 5-inch Strike King Ocho in green pumpkin candy.
10. Christopher Jones of Bokoshe, Okla. used an BOOYAH Hard Knocker lipless crankbait in Rayburn red, as well as a prototype BOOYAH Melee vibrating jig. Jones also threw a YUM Yumbrella Flash Mob Jr. with three 1/8-ounce jigheads tipped with a YUM Pulse swimbait in a white shad color.