Top 10 Baits from Lake Seminole
What got it done during the prespawn
Matt Baty Photo by Jody White.
With mostly prespawn bite going on at Lake Seminole, a wide variety of baits played in the second stop of the Costa FLW Series Southeastern Division. From umbrella rigs to flipping baits, you could catch a bass on about anything you wanted to this week.
Baty’s winning pattern
Top 10 patterns
1. Matt Baty caught his fish on a prototype 1-ounce Buddha Baits bladed jig with a 4-inch Big Bite Baits Cane Thumper trailer, a Jenko Silent CD 20 crankbait and a Carolina rig with a Zoom Trick Worm or a 6-inch Big Bite Baits Trick Stick. He also fished the Trick Stick unweighted and Texas-rigged.
2. Rick Tindell took the lead on day one and fell off to second on day two. He did most of his work with a Strike King 5XD.
3. Mornings found third-place pro Hensley Powell throwing an umbrella rig and a 1/2-ounce Stan Sloan Rattlin Swim Jig on the main lake and then punching hyacinth mats with a Missile Baits D Bomb later in the day.
4. Moving up from sixth place, Jason Smith caught his fish on a Strike King 6XD crankbait, a Reaction Innovations Vixen topwater and flipping a Buddha Baits Baby Mama.
5. A white Z-Man ChatterBait Jack Hammer and a Yamamoto Zako delivered the goods for fifth-place Kurt Mitchell.
6. Troy Gibson caught his fish on a chrome/blue Bill Lewis Rat-L-Trap and an umbrella rig with 4-inch Zoom Swimmers in Tennessee shad color.
7. Mixing up his attack, Wes Logan fished a 5/16-ounce Dirty Jigs No Jack Swim Jig with a NetBait Paca Craw trailer and flipped a NetBait B Bug with a 1 1/2-ounce weight.
8. A Berkley PowerBait MaxScent Hit Worm and Dirty Jigs No Jack Swim Jig did the work for John Cox.
9. Bradley Enfinger caught his fish on a custom-painted Rapala Shad Rap, a Strike King 5XD and a handmade 1-ounce, single willow leaf spinnerbait.
10. Rounding out the top-10, Florida’s Koby Kreiger caught his fish on a wacky-rigged V&M Chopstick and an Alabama rig with V&M Thunder Shads.