The season-opening event for the Costa FLW Series Central Division, which was presented by Lowrance, on Table Rock Lake was a bit tough, though the famed Ozark fishery still kicked out some quality bass of all varieties. Moving baits like Alabama rigs and crankbaits carried most of the weight, while some Ozark staples also did damage.
2. Second-place pro Mike McClelland caught most of his fish on his signature SPRO RkCrawler 55, but he also used a SPRO McStick jerkbait and a homemade wobble head jig with a Big Bite Baits Fighting Frog.
3. Finishing third, Jeremy Lawyer fished a LIVETARGET Baitball Spinner Rig, a Freedom Tackle Live Action Spinnerbait in a custom cole slaw color and an Alabama rig with Zoom Swimmin’ Super Flukes (junior size) and a boot-tail shad in the center position.
4. Ozark legend Stacy King caught his fish on a Bass Pro Shops Speed Shad swimbait rigged on a 1/4- to 5/16-ounce head and a Bass Pro Shops Teaser Tube on a 1/4-ounce head.
6. Kevin Meeks snagged this lost SPRO RkCrawler 55 crankbait during practice and put the found treasure to work to catch all of his tournament fish.
7. Keith Amerson fished a Strike King Tour Grade Bladed Titanium Umbrella Rig with Strike King Rage Swimmers, along with a Strike King KVD Jerkbait in the strobe shad color.
8. Graden Hansen took his first Costa Series top 10 thanks to an Alabama rig with four Zoom Swimmin’ Super Flukes and a 3.8-inch Keitech Swing Impact FAT swimbait in the center. He also caught a few fish on a 3/8-ounce All Terrain Tackle Finesse Jig with a Reaction Innovations Smallie Beaver.