We asked some of the MLF pros to predict which trends we’ll see in the bass fishing industry in 2020. Here are five trends the pros say you should look out for:
- Spybaits: Josh Bertrand says spybaits have gained popularity in recent years, and he believes you’ll see more and more pros using them in 2020. In the video, Bertrand shows off his box of Berkley SPYs.
- Swimbaits: Jared Lintner says swimbaits were really hot years ago and they’re making a comeback. He predicts that they may even rival squarebill crankbaits in terms of popularity in 2020.
- Pink baits: Aaron Martens says a pink Roboworm helped him win Stage Six of the Bass Pro Tour on Table Rock Lake in 2019, and he believes more anglers will be throwing pink baits in 2020.
- Trolling motors: Several companies released new trolling motors at ICAST in July 2019, including Lowrance and Garmin. Brent Chapman says you can expect to see new trolling motors on many of the pros’ boats in 2020, and it could give them an edge in the competitions.
- Finesse: As an MLF pro who owns his own bait company, Cliff Pace says you can expect finesse fishing to become even more popular in 2020. He explains that the country’s lakes are becoming more pressured, making both the anglers and the fish smarter.