May 6, 2020
During this unusual break in the bass fishing season, the Major League Fishing pros came together to share a message with fans: We will return.
In March, MLF put the Bass Pro Tour season on hold to slow the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, under the guidance of medical and public health professionals. This unprecedented global pandemic cannot be taken lightly, and the safety and health of our anglers, volunteers, staff and host community are the league’s primary concerns.
After nearly two months without live bass fishing competitions, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel: MLF will soon release information about when the Bass Pro Tour season will resume.
In the meantime, we hope that you and your loved ones stay healthy. We encourage everyone to follow the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on everyday prevention of viral infection, which include:
- Stay home when sick or living with a sick person
- Cover the nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Wash hands often with soap and water
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Limit face-to-face contact
- Consult a healthcare provider as needed