The Costa FLW Series Western Division finale presented by Power-Pole on the Cal Delta presented challenging conditions due to the autumn transition and the effects of herbicide spraying. Still, typical Delta baits were used by the bulk of the top finishers, who picked their way through aquatic grasses and miles of riprap.
Here's a look at what the top 10 used on the Delta.
1. Tournament winner Gregory Troughton did most of his damage by punching a Yamamoto Flappin Hog, but he also picked up keepers on a Z-Man/Evergreen ChatterBait Jackhammer and a Don Iovino Splash-It popper.
2. Delta stick Bobby Barrack’s bait mix comprised a Bill Lewis MR-6 crankbait (Delta craw), a Z-Man/Evergreen ChatterBait Jackhammer, a Snag Proof Wobbletron Frog and a 1/2-ounce Dandy Baits Football Jig with a Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver trailer.
4. For fourth-place pro Ken Mah, success hinged on a 3/8-ounce buzzbait with a gold blade and Zoom Horney Toad trailer, a River2Sea S-Waver glide bait, a frog and a punch rig with a Big Bite Baits YoMama.
5. Jerred Jennings earned fifth place with a 1/2-ounce black/red D&M double buzzbait with a lizard trailer, a black/yellow SPRO Bronzeye Frog and a black/blue Missile Baits D Bomb with a 1-ounce weight.
6. Jason Cordiale earned sixth place with a frog and creature baits, including a Reaction Innovations Kinky Beaver.
7. Most of the week, eventual Western Division Strike King AOY Nick Nourot relied on punch rigs with 1- or 1 1/4-ounce weights. He also caught keepers on a frog and a wacky-rigged finesse worm.
9. Kyle Grover took ninth place with a Ladies Man bladed jig and a Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver.