Ask the Anglers: What’s the Strangest Thing You’ve Used to Catch a Bass?
While we were shooting the 2020 Summit Cup in Missouri, five MLF pros revealed the strangest thing they’ve used to catch a bass.
- Mark Daniels, Jr. says a hair jig is the strangest bait he’s ever used to catch smallmouth.
- While he was skeptical at first, Randy Howell says he once used a purple pre-rigged worm to catch bass in a tournament.
- Michael Neal says a friend gave him a handmade lure, made of a ping pong ball and a jig skirt, and he says it actually worked.
- Believe it or not, Dustin Connell says he once used a blade of grass to catch a bass.
- Louisiana native Gerald Spohrer says he likes to catch speckled trout with Vudu shrimp, and one time he was able to use those same baits in a tournament to catch bass.