During the 2012 Forrest Wood Cup in Duluth, Ga., FLW and Goodwill will recognize the FLW Tour pro who best exemplifies the ideals of sportsmanship and community service through the 2012 season by rewarding that angler with the inaugural Forrest L. Wood Sportsmanship and Community Leadership Award. Specifically, the award is designed to honor an FLW Tour pro for their overall commitment to sportsmanship and community leadership, both on and off the water. Ethical behavior, integrity, class, selflessness, conservation efforts and kindness to others will be large factors in the evaluation process of all nominations.
By recognizing this outstanding individual, FLW and Goodwill hope to set the tone for the future of tournament fishing by passing those values along to its anglers, sponsors, fans and host communities.
Nomination and selection process:
Those interested in nominating a FLW Tour pro angler must submit a nomination form to Allie Gibbs, Outreach Manager no later than Friday, Aug. 3, 2012. Self or peer nominations will be accepted. After all forms are completed, an FLW/Goodwill committee will narrow down the list of nominees and choose the ultimate recipient of the award.
Criteria and qualifications:
* The nominee must be registered as an FLW Tour pro angler.
* The nominee should exhibit profound respect and civility for all competitors, fisheries, staff, etc.
* The nominee should demonstrate an ability to accept victory and defeat with dignity and grace.
* The nominee should uphold the highest level of humility and integrity.
* The nominee should demonstrate a commitment to conservation.
* The nominee must show a commitment to others through community service work and volunteerism.