2016 Walmart FLW Tour Preview
Everything you need to know to be the ultimate FLW Tour fan
Dayton, Tenn., showed out for the final weigh-in. Photo by Curtis Niedermier.
A lot is at stake when the 2016 Walmart FLW Tour kicks off at Lake Okeechobee on Feb. 4, and FLW wants fans to be just as prepared for the new campaign as the 171 pros who are signed up to compete.
That’s why we’ve prepared this complete guide to the 2016 Tour season. It covers everything a fishing fan might want to know about the six regular-season Tour qualifying events, the Forrest Wood Cup on Wheeler Lake in August and the two all-new autumn Invitational tournaments.
There are blogs and columns penned by industry experts and Tour stars, as well as pundits’ picks for AOY, staff predictions, a roster breakdown and more.
Browse through the following links to see what’s in store for the 2016 Walmart FLW Tour. Then follow FLW on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Periscope and Snapchat all season long.
2016 Walmart FLW Tour Schedule
2016 Walmart FLW Tour Roster
Columns and Blogs
Pundit Picks for AOY
- Our experts predict who will be 2016’s top performer.
15 Predictions for the 2016 Walmart FLW Tour
- Will records fall? Will stars be made? FLW’s media team thinks so. Find out what else they predict for 2016.
Knight’s Next Course – By Sean Ostruszka
- He won the Cup, but Tennessee’s Brad Knight isn’t finished. He’s set his sights on even greater goals for 2016 and beyond.
Blog: Setting Sights on AOY No. 2 – By Scott Martin
- Scott Martin has already won the Forrest Wood Cup and Angler of the Year, but now he’s angling to break records and establish new “firsts.”
AOY Keys: Surviving Okeechobee – By Curtis Niedermier
- To win the AOY title, you have to make it through the opener, and that’s no easy task.
Is This Cody Meyer’s Year? – By David A. Brown
- Cody Meyer narrowly missed winning AOY in 2014, and the schedule is remarkably similar in 2016. If he can shake the disappointment of a near-miss and draw new strength from his growing family, Meyer might be the real favorite to win the AOY title this season.
Opinion: 5 Reasons Champlain is a Perfect Finish – by Jody White
- Smallmouths, largemouths, grass, rock, deep, shallow – Champlain has it all. But to win requires big weights and often equally big risks, making it the perfect place to settle an AOY race.
7 Reasons Why This will be the Most Interesting Cup Ever – By Curtis Niedermier
- FLW’s managing editor predicts that Wheeler Lake and Huntsville, Ala., will host a championship that will forever be remembered.
Blog: The Annual Debate on Beaver Lake – By Matt Arey
- FLW’s new “Mr. Beaver Lake” Matt Arey breaks down the unique challenges of the Tour’s annual stop at Beaver Lake, and details how he’s managed to win back-to-back events there.
Lake Okeechobee – Clewiston, Fla. – Feb. 4-7, 2016
Lake Hartwell – Anderson, S.C. – March 17-20, 2016
Beaver Lake – Rogers, Ark. – April 14-17, 2016
Pickwick Lake – Florence, Ala. – May 5-8, 2016
Kentucky Lake – Gilbertsville, Ky. – June 9-12, 2016
Lake Champlain – Plattsburgh, N.Y. – June 23-26, 2016
Forrest Wood Cup – Wheeler Lake – Huntsville, Ala. – Aug. 4-7, 2016
Invitational – Lake Norman – Cornelius, N.C. – Sept. 15-17, 2016
Invitational – Norris Lake – Clinton, Tenn. – Oct. 20-22, 2016
The Tour Format
- Learn about how an FLW Tour event works, Cup qualification and the new Invitationals.
Walmart FLW Tour Facts, Figures and History
2016 Walmart FLW Tour Rules