Football jigs, shaky heads and green pumpkin everything were the predominant flavors of the week during the FLW Tour event on Lake Travis presented by Quaker State. Here are the baits of the top 10 pros.
1. Champion Mark Rose used several baits during his historic victory, including a 3/4-ounce Strike King Tour Grade Football Jig, a Strike King Rage Bug in blue craw and a 1-ounce Strike King Squadron Head with a shad-colored swimbait.
3. Dylan Hays says he stuck primarily with a Zoom Super Hawg in watermelon candy color and a green pumpkin Zoom Lizard, as well as a 4.25-inch green pumpkin purple Yum Bad Mamma with a 1/4-ounce weight.
4. Fourth-place finisher Clark Reehm split time between slow-rolling a 3/4-ounce double willow-leaf War Eagle Spinnerbait and throwing a Zoom Super Fluke in tilapia color Carolina-rigged with a long leader and a 1/2-ounce weight.
5. Local favorite Clark Wendlandt used a 3/4-ounce Strike King Tour Grade Football Jig with a green pumpkin Strike King Baby Rage Craw or a 1/2-ounce Strike King Hack Attack jig, also with a Baby Rage Craw. Wendlandt also threw a Carolina-rigged Strike King Rage Hawg with a 1/2-ounce weight.
6. South Carolina pro Anthony Gagliardi used a green pumpkin Tightlines UV Finesse Worm on a 1/4-ounce Buckeye Lures Spot Remover jighead. On the final day, he leaned on a merthiolate-colored floating worm and a Buckeye Lures Mini Mop Jig.
7. Clayton Batts threw a Strike King Series 5 crankbait in sexy shad, as well as a 3/4-ounce Strikezone Lures football jig in green pumpkin orange paired with a Big Bite Baits Swimming Mama. Batts also used a Strikezone CB Sling Blade swim jig in glimmer blue.
9. Jeremy Lawyer threw either a 3/4-ounce JaKKed Baits Football Jig in perch color or a 1-ounce homemade white spoon.