The weather started out wet and rainy and ended up sunny and beautiful, but despite the wildly varying conditions at the FLW Tour event presented by T-H Marine at Lake Cumberland, bait selection for the top 10 pros remained fairly consistent. A few pros threw jigs and worms, but jerkbaits and spinnerbaits fished tight to the bank along the sprawling reservoir’s many coves and cuts were the majority choices for the last-day anglers. Here’s what they used.
1. Scott Martin caught most of his winning bag on an unspecified jerkbait and a Bomber Long A wake bait.
2. Barry Wilson did most of his damage at Cumberland by throwing a prototype BOOYAH square-bill crankbait.
4. A SPRO McStick 110 jerkbait in chartreuse shad was the ticket for Matt Reed’s fourth-place finish.
6. Chris Mccall of Palmer, Texas, relied heavily on a trio of lures, including a double-bladed Santone Lures Pretender spinnerbait with a pink skirt and a pink blade, a Lucky Craft Slender Pointer MR112 jerkbait, and a Megabass Vision 110 jerkbait.
7. Auburn, Calif., pro Cody Meyer caught every fish he weighed with a 3 3/4-inch Strike King Rage Swimmer.
8. A Luck-E-Strike STX jerkbait in herringbone chartreuse and a white/chartreuse Chopper spinnerbait with chartreuse and gold blades were Casey Scanlon’s go-to baits.
10. South Carolina pro Anthony Gagliardi caught his top-10 bag with a Tightlines UV 6-inch finesse worm in a custom orange color.